Add a Video Button to your Agenda
Adding a video button to your agenda is super easy. There are two ways for your video to be displayed in the Circle Space. The first way is in a round format in the center of your Circle Space (we call this the ‘spotlight’). The second is in a larger, shared media window. Read on to see how to add both versions to your agenda.
In the Spotlight
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to show by clicking ‘Share’ underneath the video.
2. Click ‘COPY’ next to the link.
- In your My.Circles agenda editor, click the magic wand icon to display a list of possible button functions.
- Click ‘Choose Video’.
- Here you will be prompted to:
a) Enter a title for the video. This will appear as the text within the button.
b) Enter a URL (your copied youtube link)
- Click ‘Save’. You’ll now see the button appear within your agenda.
- You can change the text of your button simply by clicking on it and typing.
- Click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the editor once you’re happy with the agenda.
- To play the video In the Circles Space, click the button you created when ready and the video will appear in the center of the meeting space. To pause it, click the button again. Clicking on the video allows you to zoom in and out of it, independently of other participants’ view.
- Once you’ve finished watching the video, click ‘X’ on the left-hand side of it to remove it from the center of the circle.
In a Larger Shared Media Window
- Underneath the YouTube video that you want to add to your agenda, click ‘share‘ .
- In the window that appears, click ‘Embed’.
- On the right hand side, scroll down to ‘Embed Options’ and ensure that the “Enable Privacy-enhanced mode” box is ticked.
- Click “Copy“
NOTE: Clicking on ‘Start at’ before you copy the link allows you to start the video at a specific time.
- Next, follow steps 3 to 8 in the above section
- To play the video in your Circle Space, click the button you created in your agenda and the video will appear in a shared media window for all participants to see.
- Press the “Start” symbol on the video to play it. This will only start your own video. Ask your participants to mute themselves and remind them to start their videos.
NOTE: You and each of your participants can enlarge the window by clicking on the right border and dragging it in or out. In addition, you can also reposition the window, by grabbing it anywhere on its grey frame.
- Once you’ve finished watching the video, click ‘X’ in the top right corner of the media window to close it for everyone.
NOTE: If you want to see how you can share a video in the spotlight or in a larger window while on the go in the Circle Space, check out this article.