Share a Video on the Go
NOTE: The easiest way to bring media into your session is by preparing a button in your agenda ahead of time. Check out how to create an Agenda for more info.
When it comes to sharing a video in the Circles space, there are two format options for you: You can share the video in a round format in the center of your circle (we call this the ‘spotlight’), or you can share it in a rectangular media window.
In the Spotlight
To place and watch the featured video in the middle of your circle, follow these steps:
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to show.
- Open the left-hand side menu by clicking on the three white bars in the top left of your Circles space.
- Paste the YouTube URL into the “Paste media link” field and press enter on your keyboard. The link “disappears”.
- Click on “Choose media.”
A drop-down menu of your available music and videos will open up. Select the video you just added and a circle with the video will appear in the spotlight.
- Press the “Start” symbol to begin the video.
NOTE: The control panel manages the video for all participants in the Circles space. Controls include start/stop, volume adjustment and a progress bar; it’s as though you were sitting in the same room together!
- To exit the video, click the “X” to the top left of the video.
NOTE: Clicking on the video, each participant can independently zoom in or out of the video.
In a shared media window
You might need to share your video in a larger format. Here is how you can do this in your Circles space:
- Go to the YouTube page of the video you want to show.
- Click “SHARE” below the video.
- In the window that pops up, select “EMBED.”
- Click on “COPY.”
NOTE: Clicking on “Start at” before you copy the link allows you to start the video at a specific time.
- In the Circles space, open the left-hand side menu.
- Paste the embed link into the “Paste media link” field.
- Pressing enter/return on your keyboard will open the video in a window within the Circles space for all participants.
Close the left-hand side menu by clicking the “X” on the top left.
NOTE: You and each of your participants can enlarge the window by clicking on the right border and dragging it in or out. In addition, you can also reposition the window, by grabbing it anywhere on its grey frame.
- Press the “Start” symbol on the video to play it. This will only start your own video! Notify your participants to mute themselves and also start their video.
- To close the video for all participants, click the “X” to the top right of the video.