Share a Google Document, Sheet, or Slide on the Go
In the Circles Space, you can easily display Google documents that you can collaborate in with your peers. Prepare a button in your agenda so you don’t have to worry about it during your session. Or follow the steps below to share your document immediately.
Collaborate in a Google Doc, Sheet or Slides together
- Open the document you want to share in your Google Drive and click the “Share” button in the top right corner.
- In the window that pops up, click ‘Change‘ at the bottom.
- Then, select ‘Anyone with the link‘ on the left panel and change ‘Viewer‘ to ‘Editor‘ in the right panel to allow others to collaborate on the document.
- Google will automatically save your permissions preferences.
- Now, copy the ‘Link to share‘
- In the Circles Space, open the Tools menu (either by clicking on the three white bars on the top left or on ‘Tools‘ on the top right).
- Paste the link into the ‘Paste media link’ field.
- The Google Doc, Sheet, or Slide will display to everyone in the room. All participants can click into the document and start writing together.
NOTE: Each participant can independently enlarge the window by clicking on the right border and dragging it out.
- Close the left-hand side menu by clicking the ‘X‘ on the top left.
- To close the document for all participants, click the ‘X‘ to the top right of the media window.
- Remember to change the document’s share settings back after the session if necessary!