How to Use the Circles App on Mobile
The Circles app is now available for download from the App Store and Google Play Store for mobile and tablet. For a guide on how to download the app, click here. Read on to discover how to use the app on your mobile device.
How to connect to your session
- Once you’ve downloaded the Circles Mobile app, you can connect to the CircleSpace™️ by clicking on your personal join link. You will be redirected to the app and you’ll see your join link in the ‘Session Link’ box. If the app doesn’t automatically open, you can copy the link and paste it into this box.
- Then click the ‘Join Session…’ button and you’re in!
How to use the features of the CircleSpace™️ on mobile
The Circles mobile app includes some of our most loved features that allow everyone to have a great session experience.
- To spotlight yourself, click the middle icon below the participants. The icon will turn orange while you are in the middle. Click the icon again to remove yourself from the middle of the circle.
- To raise your hand, click the icon on the bottom to the immediate left of the spotlight icon. When your hand is raised, the button will be green if you are the first to speak, or grey if you’re waiting your turn to speak. You’ll also see a green or grey outline around your circle.
- If you want to show your support or agreement with a +1, click the +1 button on the bottom left, beside the handraise icon. The icon will turn blue and you’ll also see a +1 appear over your circle for a few seconds.
- To mute your audio, click the microphone icon on the bottom right. This will then turn red and the mute icon will appear on your circle. You can unmute yourself by clicking the microphone button again.
- Viewing video circles on the app uses up more bandwidth and may affect the quality of your session if you have a slower connection. If your Internet is unstable you can turn on “no video mode”, which means you won’t be able to see anyone else’s video circles, and they won’t be able to see yours. You will still have access to all of the other features of the app in this mode, so you’ll still have a great session experience. To turn this feature on, click ‘Toggle Video UI’ in the menu.
- When you’re ready to leave your meeting, enter the menu and click on the red ‘Leave Meeting…’ button. This will close your session.
All of these features can also be accessed through the menu button on the bottom of the screen.