Add a Google Slideshow to Your Agenda
Circles is all about interaction, but this doesn’t mean that you cannot present something if you need to. Here is how to bring your presentation into the Circles space: You prepare a button in your agenda that opens your presentation via a single click. Curious about how to do this? Read on!
- Open the Google slides you want to share in your Google Drive. Click on ‘File‘ and select ‘Publish to the web‘ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Embed‘ from the pop-up window and click ‘Publish‘.
- Confirm your selection by pressing ‘OK‘, then copy the embed link.
- In your My.Circles agenda editing space, click the magic wand icon to display a list of possible button functions.
- Click ‘Share document’.
- Here you will be prompted to:
a) Enter a title for the document – this will appear as the text within the button
b) Enter a URL – here you should enter the ‘embed’ link that you copied from your Google Slides
- Click ‘Save’. You’ll now see the button appear within your agenda space.
- You can edit the text of your button simply by clicking on it and typing.
- Click ‘Save and publish’ once you’re happy with the agenda page.
- To begin presenting the slides when you’re in the Circles meeting space, click the button you created. This will display the slides to all participants. Note that participants will have to navigate through the slides individually so you’ll need to tell them what slide you’re on when presenting.
NOTE: Enlarge the window by clicking on the right border and dragging it out. This will only resize it for you, so remember to advise your participants on how to resize their window too!
- To close the window, click the ‘X’ on the top right corner. This will close the window for all participants.
NOTE: Make sure to ‘unpublish’ your document from the web after your session.